Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary :)















For our anniversary we went down to Alyeska ski resort in Girdwood, about an hour south of where we live. We drove down Saturday morning and checked into our room. Brant has his own














snowboard, but I still rent as I don't know if I really want to invest in a snowboard quite yet. I've only been snowboarding 3 times before, I'm not good, and Brant has been a great teacher trying to build me up so I'd be ready to go down the "big hills" at Alyeska. I have been
practicing on the














ski slopes on base, which apparently aren't that big - they were to me! We rode the tram up to the top and had lunch a Glacier Express, 2300 feet above sea level - the view was amazing.

After lunch, it was finally time to test our skills on the slopes. I really did not enjoy snowboarding until this weekend at Alyeska. I really had a great weekend, the weather was gorgeous, and we got to spend two days out on the slopes. The best part was, I learned how to turn :) so I didn't have to spend the weekend on the bunny hill. I think I can get on most chair lifts now without busting my butt. Except for lift #1 at the resort - I only got off that once because I think I got whiplash.

I was able to snowboard on the same slopes as Brant all day. Well, he would eith
er go ahead of me and stop to wait, or he would let me get a head start and then catch up with me :) I'm getting there. No major injuries incurred except for some large bruises, sore muscles, tender tailbones, and whiplash from getting off the lift :)

Saturday night, we went to the Double Musky for dinner. It has been featured in a lot of "Best Of" magazines and was recommended to us by a lot of people. It was wonderful - and we even had Double Musky Pie for dessert - yummy :)



Sunday morning, we slept in and had breakfast at the resort. We hit the slopes for a few more hours before heading home, whipped! We got home and had leftovers for dinner and our wedding cake with champagne for dessert - it was italian cream cake - and it was still wonderful after being in the freezer for a year :)

0 comments: