Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 3: Holt Summit, Missouri

Yesterday morning, I left Ft. Campbell and headed to MO to stay with our friends Travis and Amy. Travis is a friend of mine and Brant's, but I had never met his wife Amy. On Monday, I called Travis to let him know I would still be coming on Friday and I'd call Amy when I was on my way to give her a heads up. So, as I was leaving KY, I gave her a call. She kind of sounded surprised when I told her that I was on my way and would be there around 5. Then proceded to tell me that they were at the hospital because Travis had to have his appendix removed! I offered to stay somewhere else, but they insisted that I still come stay with them. I got to their house and they had just gotten home from the hospital about an hour before. Amy was very sweet and had made dinner for us! We talked for awhile at the table until Travis was about to faceplant into his food from taking pain medication - haha. He went to bed about 6:30 for the rest of the night, so Amy and I got to know each other and had a nice time talking. She worked in Glacier National Park one summer and had lots of fun pictures that she shared with me, and gave me some good places for us to stay when we get there. She told me later that night that Travis told her awhile ago that I would be there on August 1st, but forgot to remind her this week that I would be there on Friday - so I was kind of a surprise :) They have a really nice condo that overlooks the state capital and faces the west, so they have really cool sunsets from their back porch! We hit the hay early as we both had had a long day! I left this morning about 8am and am on my way to pick up Brant at the airport in Kansas City. Amy sent me on my way with a bag of chocolate chip cookies and a few blueberry muffins - thanks Amy!! I got here a little early, so I found a Mickey D's to get the internet! I think we have finally reached the land of "No Sweet Tea!". haha. After I pick up Brant, we are driving about 6 hours to Mitchell, South Dakota to stay with our friend Seth's family!! Brant is excited as he's been there several times with Seth to go pheasant hunting. Hopefully we will stay on track with the schedule, as I think I'll have to drag Brant out of the Cabela's there!!

0 comments: